Monsoon Trek to Kalsubai – With Bhatakna in Wakad, Pune
- Everest Of Maharashtra
Monsoon Special Kalsubai Trek
Trek to the highest point in Maharashtra
- Height: 1,646 m.
- DifficultyGrade: hard and Medium.
- EnduranceGrade: High.
- Duration : 1 Night – 1 Day
Kalsubai with its towering height of 5400ft, recognized as the highest peak of Maharashtra. It is situated in the Kalsubai mountain range which is an offshoot range from main Sahyadri range and rung from west to east. The name of this mountain range has been derived from the name of Kalsubai peak itself.
This entire range is amazing from the trekking point of view. Though small in length, this range has some of the tallest peaks and toughest forts. Starting from west to east this range contains Kulang, Madan, Alang forts. Top of Kalsubai peak gives an excellent view of all these forts. Kalsubai, though the highest peak, from trekking point of view it’s easy. The peak has a temple and to visit this temple many people trek to the top. So for sake of such pilgrim trekkers government and local villagers has made the route easy and safe by putting ladders and staircase wherever necessary. So reaching the top is just a test of your stamina and not mountaineering skill. But once you reach the top then you get an absolutely uninterrupted view of the surrounding.
- Scaling the highest peak of Maharashtra.
- Bhandardara backwaters.
- Kalsubai Temple.
- Rainy season first trek.
- Local food.
- Mesmerizing views.
- Breathtaking beauty.
Meeting points: (Wakad Hinjewadi Bridge Underpass Pune)
Pickup Also Available from Vishal Nagar, Shivaji Nagar, Bhosari
Day 1 Saturday
10:30 pm: Meet at Wakad Hinjewadi Bridge Underpass Pune
11:00 pm: Journey start with private vehicle vai pickup from Vishal Nagar, Shivaji Nagar, Bhosari.
Day 2 Sunday
05:00 am: wake Up & Get Refresh Yourself
05:30 am: Grab a quick Breakfast & Hot cup of tea at Base village.
06:00 am: Gear up, & pack your bags and get out! For adventure Trek, It’s gonna be a long climb to the top. We will make a few halts on the way where you can grab your snack or a drink.
11:00 am: We reach Kalsubai Top You will get a beautiful view of Heaven on earth & Foggy clouds
11:45 am: We start our descent. Finally, you get a view of the surroundings you climbed through in the early morning.
02:00 pm: We reach back down and grab a quick Lunch
04:00 am: Time to head back to Mumbai.
09:00 pm: Adios! Back to the Pune city life. Until next time, Bhatakna!
- Transport from Pune to Pune by Non-A/C private vehicle.
- Morning breakfast-tea.
- Lunch Veg / Non-veg / Jain.
- First Aid kit.
- Bhatakna expertise Representatives.
- Mineral Water/Cold Drinks
- Anything that is not mentioned the “Included” list.
- No Refunds Allowed One book
Think To be carried:
- Identity Proof (Must)
- A bottle of water (2 Litres)
- Some ready to eat food – Plum cakes, Biscuits etc.
- ORS, Glucose, Electrol, Personal Care Medicine those which u require usually.
- A good Trekking Shoes, Extra pair of Socks.
- Rain cheater, Umbrella
- A haversack to put in all the things to be carried, so that one has ones hands free while trekking.
- Pleases do not carry sling bags or Jholas.
- Please avoid wearing Gold and other Ornaments.
- Smoking and drinking alcohol is strictly prohibited.
- Trek leaders decisions will be final and binding.
- Participants or Members are responsible for his/her own safety and baggage.
- Team “Bhatakna” reserves all the right to change/deviate/cancel the plans without prior notice.
- There is no freshen up / washroom facility at the top. There is only a toilet at the base village.
- Avoid carrying heavyweight for the trek.
- Floaters and Sandals are not allowed, please wear sports shoes or trekking shoes of good quality.
- IMPORTANT: Participants with any medical issues /history are not allowed to opt for this event. If he/she does so that it is done at the participant’s risk. The management won’t be responsible for any incident.