Lohgad Hike, Visapur Fort Trek, Pawna Lake Camping in wakad
Muddie Trails presents a mouth watering experience on the beautiful forts of Lonavala. Hike up Lohgad fort (Easy trek) and see one of the most beautiful valleys of Western ghats filled with mist and clouds. Lohgad also has thick ridge walk that will lead trekkers to punishment point – a cliff of the hill (that you see on the event image)
In the evening, chill yourself in the pristine Pawna Lake along the camp, warm yourself close by the bonfire & treat yourself by tasting amazing local cuisine.
Next day, trek to Visapur fort (Easy trek) and enjoy panoramic view of Pawna lake, villages and the valley. An icing on the cake is a visit to marvelous 2000 year old Karla caves of Lonavala. These ancient caves were built by Buddist monks for meditation.
- Group Size: 10+
- Food: 1 Breakfast, 1 Lunch, 1 Dinner, 1 High-Tea included
- Stay: At our very beautiful Campsite overlooking Pawna Lake
- Travel: A tempo traveler (Non AC)
- Starting time: Saturday 9 AM
- Ending time: Sunday 6 PM
- Pick-up/Drop points: Swargate, Shivajinagar, Nashik Phata, Wakad Flyover
- Things to pack: Will be shared on a Whatsapp group created with all travelers.
Day 1 (Saturday):
- We shall start from Pune after our breakfast, short journey of around 2 hours to Lohgad base
- Start hiking up the fort that has well laid 300+ stairs initially. Along the way we get to see beautiful Pawna lake in the backdrop of lower Sahyadirs. It’s a huge fort to explore once we reach the top. It will easily take 2 hours to cover entire fort.
- There is a tomb, temple, and some ruins above. There are many different ponds which used to be water supply to the people back then.
- Finally we will head to the thick ridge that is special to this fort, the corner of which is used to punish people committing crimes.
- We shall start descending after this and reach the base late afternoon.
- The we will head to our beautiful camp on the banks of Pawna lake and have well deserved Lunch.
- In monsoons, we can explore nearby waterfalls & take a soul soothing dip. Come back to the camp, have hot Chai with snacks as we laze around in the breezy evening.
- Revel in the warmth of campfire after this.
- Have hot & delicious veg/non-veg dinner together.
- Social gathering & group activities through the night, play our music, sing and dance.
- Rest in the tents (covered tents to protect from monsoon rains)
Day 2 (Sunday):
- Start the day with hot breakfast around 9 AM
- Drive to the base of Visapur Fort and start climbing. On a rainy day, we have to walk/climb through small streams and waterfalls to reach the top. The fort offers a panoramic view of a wide range of hills covered in a thick blanket of green.
- Get back to the base and have self-sponsored Lunch
- Drive to the base of Karla caves and hike up towards this ancient wonder. Explore the caves, stone carvings and narrow paths for two hours.
- Start back to Pune, reach by late evening.
- Share our beautiful little weekend getaway story with our friends 🙂
- Please read other important tabs like “Cost, Inclusions & Exclusions”, “Terms & Conditions” and “Refund Policy” before registering
- Feel free to contact the Organizers of Muddie Trails if any doubt or concern. We are happy to help 🙂