Kalsubai Monsoon Trek with Bhandaradara Lake Camping in Wakad
Are you a mountain lover? Have you ticked off the highest peak of Maharashtra yet from your bucket list? A peak which is called Mount Everest of Maharashtra!
If not, this is the time. The stunning views from the top of the Kalsubai mountain are something every trekker craves for!
Kalsubai and Bandaradara Lake are a great combination for a fantastic weekend getaway from Pune and Mumbai!
Want more? We are gonna stay at the Lakeside campsite!
About the destination:
Kalsubai is the tallest mountain in Maharashtra with a staggering elevation of 5400 feet. The peak attracts a large number of trekkers. Trekking starts from Bari village and takes on an average of 3 hours to reach the peak. Beautiful landscapes, mystical mountain tops, stunning view into the valley are the attraction of this trek and you’ll soon find why it is Mt Everest of Maharashtra!
Come join Muddie Trails(MT) in the fun filled and offbeat weekend
- Total slots for the trip: Usually 10 or more
- Food: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner all included
- Travel: A tempo traveler (Non-AC)
- Starting time: Saturday 6 AM
- Ending time: Sunday around 7 PM
- Pick-up/Drop points: Swargate, Shivajinagar, Nashik Phata, Wakad flyover
- Things to carry: Will be updated in the whatsapp group for all registered folks
- Hike the tallest peak of Maharashtra – Kalsubai,
- Trek time: 4 hours approx to climb up, 3 hours climb down
- Difficulty level: Moderate
- Most beautiful Bandaradara Lake camping
- Group activities
Here we go, the schedule:
Day 1 (Saturday)
- Start from Pune early in the morning, journey of 6 hours to Bari village
- Breakfast on the way
- Quick freshen up at the base (2 washrooms, no shower) and start hiking up the highest peak.
- The slopes and rocky patches make it slightly tricky to climb up
- This rugged path along with fantastic views and clouds cutting across the mountains and valleys around gives us a great trekking experience.
- There are even steel railings, ladders and iron chains at places where it is difficult to climb.
- After conquering Kalsubai, have Lunch at the peak and relax for a while.
- Start climbing down by evening and reach the base before it’s too dark
- Move towards Bhandarada lake and get ready for a warm Bonfire in the chilling weather
- Have hot hot dinner and socialize through the night, play our music, sing and dance,
- Well deserved rest in the tents (covered tents to protect from monsoon rains)
Day 2 (Sunday):
- Start the day with breakfast overlooking the beautiful Bandaradara Lake
- Visit a pristine monsoon waterfalls near by
- Start back towards Pune, Lunch in the middle
- Reach home by evening
- Share your memorable Kalsubai weekend getaway story with our friends
- A Whatsapp group will be created for all the registered folks a day before the event
- Please read other important tabs like “Cost, Inclusions & Exclusions”, “Terms & Conditions” and “Refund Policy” before registering
- Feel free to contact the Organizers of Muddie Trails if any doubt or concern. We are happy to help
Get Muddie in Travel..